2018...a Pittman-esque Reading Challenge
I have to say, I love a good challenge. I don't do New Year Resolutions, or set "goals" exactly, because I know my fickle nature, and most of my goals are just stuff I have to do anyway. But short term challenges, tailored to my proclivities and weaknesses? That I like.
I don't set a number of books to read each year, because my reading time is unpredictable, and some books clearly take longer to read than others. Plus I'm a super-duper-slow reader, and I
can't take the pressure! Last year I did pretty good with this blog's 2017 challenge, and hit all of the categories, but did a terrible job posting my Goodreads reviews and holding myself accountable to the list. BUT, I came across some of my favorite reads because I was choosing books according to the challenge.
So, I thought this year I'd develop a challenge of my own. Feel free to follow along if you like! I only have 7 categories, rather than 12, because there are so many other agencies to use when choosing a book. But I'd love to hear what titles you bring to your Kindle or Bedside Table from the list!
As for me...I'll keep y'all updated through the year...
1. Read a book you have owned for at least a year, but haven't cracked open yet.
2. Read the book on which a favorite movie is based.
3. Read a book you've been lying about having read for most of your literate life.
4. Read a book that came to your attention via social media.
5. Read a book that's been sitting around with a bookmark mid-way through forrrreeeeevvvvveeeeerrrrr. Just finish it.
6. This summer, browse around and read something that is assigned for Summer Reading.
7. Re-visit a book you remember reading (or remember being assigned to read...see #3).